The Fremont Table Tennis Academy (FTTA) is Fremont's first table-tennis academy. FTTA students have had 19 first-place finishes in USATT-sanctioned tournaments over the past year. It is open:
- Currently In Session Until June 2013: Every weekday (Monday-Friday) for an after-school program from 4:30 PM-5:30 PM
- Currently In Session Until June 2013: Twice/week for beginner/intermediate weekend program (Saturday 2:30-4 PM and Sunday 4-5:30 PM)
- Currently In Session Until June 2013: Once/week for advanced program (Sundays from 10 AM-12 PM)
- Once/week for adults class (Thursday 8-10 PM)
- Once/week for league matches (starts Saturday 4:15)
- Daily for private lessons
- Four times/week for open play (Tuesday 7-10 PM, Wednesday 7-10 PM, Friday 7-10 PM, Sunday 1-4 PM)
FTTA has equipment for sale on-site and carries equipment from numerous leading brands such as Butterfly, Killerspin, and Double Happiness.
FTTA Founder, President, and Head Coach Shashin Shodhan runs the coaching activities and is a full-time coach and has been actively around in the sport for 25 years as a player, organizer, promoter, and coach. He has traveled throughout the world and nation for table-tennis and has won 15 national/international titles and has represented the US in many international competitions including the North American Olympic Trials where he came close to making the 2000 US Olympic Team.
Fremont TTA students had at least a top 3 finish in 8 consecutive rating events at the Sacramento Bill Brin Memorial Open on March 2, 2013 with four first-place finishes, three second place finishes, and four third-place finishes. Please click here for pictures.
Open play now is also scheduled for Tuesdays from 7-10 PM.
Quarter 1 of 2013 of the weekend beginner/intermediate class starts on February 2-3, 2013 and runs for 20 weeks until June 15-16, 2013. Please click here for information.
Quarter 1 of 2013 of the adults class started on Thursday, January 3, 2013 and runs for 12 weeks until Thursday, March 21, 2013. Please click here for information.
Fremont TTA students had five first-place, four second-place, and six third-place finishes out of the seven rating events we participated in at the Sacramento Fall Open on Saturday, November 3, 2012. View pictures.
Fremont TTA students had two first-place and three third-place finishes in the five consecutive rating events that students participated in at the Concord Cup Youth tournament on Sunday, October 28, 2012. View Pictures.